mental health and dementia facilities magazine (mhdf)
Total Audience Coverage
Our T.A.C packages offer maximum coverage with
stand-alone e-mail broadcasts, monthly bulletins and web site promotions.
healthcare buildings forum
mental health & dementia
News archive - July 2018
Taking a lead on sustainable development
Guys & St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust was singled out as a trailblazer when it was named overall winner at this year’s NHS Sustainability Awards.
The event celebrated healthcare efficiency and sustainable development in a year that has presented many challenges arising from financial cut backs to the NHS.
Other notable successes, announced at a ceremony in London last month, included Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, which was praised for its £14.8m energy project which will produce £461,000 savings a year for the next 25 years.
And West Green Surgery picked up the Innovation Award following its extensive work to create a paperless system within the GP centre and across the wider region.
This year also marked the introduction of a new category - Supplier of the Year - which recognises industry partners who provide value for money, support and guidance to the NHS.
The award was won by Warp-It for its national support on reuse within the NHS, which is delivering millions of pounds of savings every year.
NHS Sustainability Day campaign manager, Scott Buckler, said: “The awards are now in their fifth year and I am continually impressed and surprised at how much leadership exists within the NHS.
“All our nominees have proven that sustainability is a key driver in ensuring we have an NHS fit for the future.”
He added: “It is essential, as the NHS approaches its 70th birthday, that we support those shortlisted and those across the country who work hard day and day out to deliver efficiency and drive savings which hold the key to delivering frontline spending and ensuring our national health service survives.”
The winners in full
- Overall Winner (sponsored by Thermal Compact Group): Winner - Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Carbon Award (sponsored by Salix Finance): Winner - Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Clinical Award (sponsored by 4 All of us) Winner - University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
- Staff Engagement Award (sponsored by Bywaters): Winner - Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Travel and Transport Award (sponsored by 4 All of us): Winner - Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Reuse Award (sponsored by Warp-It): Winner - Barts Heath NHS Trust
- Waste Management Award (sponsored by Grundon): Winner - Guy’s & St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Energy Award (sponsored by Skanska): Winner - Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Procurement Award (sponsored by SWR New Star): Winner - Guy’s & St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Innovation Award (sponsored by Bouygues): Winner - West green surgery - NHS GP Surgery
- Supplier of the Year Award (sponsored by 4 All of us): Winner - Warp it Reuse Network
To advertise in this space, click here to email Leslie de Hoog