mental health and dementia facilities magazine (mhdf)
Total Audience Coverage
Our T.A.C packages offer maximum coverage with
stand-alone e-mail broadcasts, monthly bulletins and web site promotions.
healthcare buildings forum
mental health & dementia
News archive - June/July 2012
£60m funding for hospices
HOSPICES are to receive up to £60m of funding to help improve the quality of care for people nearing the end of their lives.
Hospices will be able to apply for funding for a range of projects, including:
- improvements to day therapy facilities, including providing transport services
- developing or improving outreach services to support people in their own homes
- refurbishment of inpatient and visitor areas, including improvements to bedrooms and bathrooms and providing overnight facilities for families
- improvements to mortuary and bereavement facilities
- improvements to gardens and outside spaces so patients can spend time outdoors
The principal requirements are that projects deliver improvements that directly benefit patients, have a tangible impact on the physical environment and provide value for money.
Care Services Minister Paul Burstow said: “This money will help hospices all over the country make improvements such as redesigning rooms or putting in place facilities to help people remain independent.”
To advertise in this space, click here to email Leslie de Hoog