mental health and dementia facilities magazine (mhdf)
Total Audience Coverage
Our T.A.C packages offer maximum coverage with
stand-alone e-mail broadcasts, monthly bulletins and web site promotions.
healthcare buildings forum
mental health & dementia
News archive - July/August 2011
Outline for new public health system
THE GOVERNMENT has set out its vision for a new public health system with the publication of its policy statement, Healthy Lives, Healthy People: Update and Way Forward. The document follows a three month consultation on its reform plans and provides further detail to enable local authorities to further develop public health plans in their area, including:
- Clarifying the new leadership role for local authorities and their directors of public health, across health improvement, health protection and population health advice to the NHS
- Proposals for commissioning public health services
- Establishing a new integrated public health service, Public Health England, to drive improvements in health and protect against health threats
- Public Health England will be an executive agency of the Department of Health, to provide greater operational independence within a structure that is clearly accountable to the Health Secretary; and
- Clear principles for emergency preparedness, resilience and response.
Health Secretary Andrew Lansley said: “Based on an understanding of the wider determinants of health, the new system will focus on the outcomes we want to achieve, with local authorities able to tailor services to best meet the needs of their communities.”
To advertise in this space, click here to email Leslie de Hoog