Over 30 years of working exclusively in the field of furniture for challenging environments, Tough Furniture have pioneered and developed some of the key furniture items for this complex market.
Now, in 2021 we are happy to announce that our new standardized kitchen range, specifically for mental health, learning disability and autism care settings is now on sale. Building on many years’ experience of providing specialist kitchens on a one-off basis, the standardized range condenses everything we’ve learned over those years into a genuinely safe and robust product which can be customised to fit a wide variety of locations, from private homes to large scale care environments.
Key features of the new Tough Kitchens include:
- Easy to clean – Tough Kitchens are manufactured in melamine-faced MDF rather than chipboard, which offers both long-term durability as well as ease of cleaning. A bonus is that units are available in a wide range of finishes, allowing for spaces to be customised to provide a welcoming, comfortable ambience tailored to the needs of the service users in question.
- No sharp edges or parts – Facilitating both long-term durability as well as injury prevention, the best furniture for mental health facilities always minimises the number of exposed sharp edges. Tamper-resistant screws, inset handles, and other elements add another layer of safety protection to these units.
- Customisation – With all design and manufacturing taking place in-house, Tough are able to offer a high level of customisation to every kitchen project. Special needs and disabilities may be directly accommodated using the strategic placement of furniture elements, and this is easier to implement when there is the option for bespoke made furniture. As manufacturers and sellers, Tough Furniture are able to offer a unique level of bespoke design to any project.
- Ability to lock – Depending on a unit’s storage needs, it is possible that some items need to be kept away from unsupervised residents; this is true for everything from kitchen cleaners through to sharp utensils. Tough Furniture offer a variety of locking options, to genuinely maximise security where needed.
- Built to last – Furniture is a long-term purchase and investment and so it must be built to resist repeated impacts and daily wear. The bottoms of drawers and cabinets on all Tough Furniture are reinforced, and every detail from doors through to handles has been carefully thought about to improve the lifespan of these items in even the most challenging environments.
For more details, or to access our space planning and design service, please call:
01588 674 340 or email email@example.com